If you have one or more missing teeth, and seek the superior treatment option, our skilled dentists can help you to look and feel great again with dental implants.
Contact us today to discuss if a dental implant is the right solution for you.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth-loss. Each implant is created bespoke to you, so you'll benefit from a truly natural-looking smile.
Dental Implants are metal posts that integrate with the bone to act as artificial roots supporting the construction of artificial teeth above.
Simply stated, a dental implant establishes a foundation for a tooth or teeth to be affixed to where previously there was none.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Allow for a long lasting fixed alternative to removable dentures.
- Provide high levels of support for the replacement of several teeth.
- Avoids damage to adjacent teeth as required by bridges.
- Predictable results.
There are two stages in implant therapy.
1. Surgical Phase – The dentist places the implant into the bone. It is left to heal for 3-6 months.
The dental surgery is carried out under local anaesthesia. Intra venous sedation is available, and is often used to help those who are anxious, or having extensive treatment. The sedation is carried out by a consultant anaesthetist.
A conventional restoration is used provisionally until the implants are integrated.
2. Restorative Phase – The dentist uncovers the implant, impressions are taken and the final restoration is fitted.
Patients with complex courses of treatment may have several of these phases progressing simultaneously.